Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Scrapbook Tear Bears 1.1-1.4: Easter

In honor of Easter, I created 4 cute Easter tear bears. Each bear comes in an Easter dress, a matching bunny ear headpiece, and a pair of cute socks and shoes. The pink is my favorite; which one is yours?

The tear bears were all handmade out of mulberry paper; it is really amazing that paper can create such fuzziness!  Each bear was hand-torn, fluffed, and then shaded with chalk. 

 
 
The fabric used to make her dress looks like denim; it would be cute to make some jeans for the tear bears one day.   
 
I liked the way the colors came together for this dress, with the contrast of the different shades of pink.  However, the fabric was difficult to work with; it kept wanting to pop up and did not want to stay put.  I'm not sure if I will choose to work with this fabric again.
 
The style of this dress is different from the other three dresses; I wanted to offer some variety, besides just a difference in color and print.
 

I am very happy to have found this fabric.  It is perfect for making tear bear socks, and it's nice that the stripes on them are glittery.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...