Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scrapbook Layout 4: Wedding

Here is a 1 page layout using DCWV's Luxury Stack; it is a stack with a shimmery design....probably not a stack I would use on a regular basis, but it is definitely a stack that's appropriate for a wedding layout.  I wanted to keep a neutral wedding theme, in order for it to be versatile to any wedding couple, so I decided on a "white" theme with a slight black outline throughout the layout. 

The tear bears, doves, and church were all hand-made.  I had a little trouble when making the satin dress; the satin bow kept popping up, so I had to hand-stitch the dress in order to keep it down.  Notice the pearl earrings on the bride?  This was a special gift for someone, so real pearls were used. 

Full layout

Church paper piecing
 
It is better to use a less stiff cardstock since there are so many layers; if the cardstock is too thick, it could curl.


Bride and groom
 
I forgot to give the bride a bouquet when I took this picture.


Bride
 
I gave her a bouquet later, but unfortunately, I did not have the right lighting for a good clear picture.

Groom
 
The bowtie was made with ribbon, and for the buttons, actual buttons were glued to his shirt; the gray cummerbund gave it a nice color and texture contrast. 

Doves


Photo mat 1
 
Since this was a wedding layout, I used a lacey trim stitching for the mat.

Photo mat 2


File tag
 
This may be my favorite thing out of the layout; it has such a nice clean look.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...